Friday, October 5, 2012

Blog review for "1010insight.blogspot.com"

 

The blog "1010insight.blogspot.com" was in general informative, organized and visually attractive. Having said this there were also few things that I thought the authors could add or change to make it even better blog. Beginning with organization/consistency, I couldn't find any other way of organizing a blog better. That is why I and my blog group members decided to adopt some of the organization techniques we saw in "1010insight.blogspot.com".

Although not every post has visual added to it, the ones that contain one were imaginative and thoughtfully crafted. I thought that the authors of 1010insight.blogspot.com (Alan, Melisa and Shauna) could have added some multimedia/audio items and review the length of their posts. Other than these it was clearly popular blog in the class based on the comments it received and this shows that the blog raised good ideas discussing the topics given in class.

To summarize my review of the blog "1010insight.blogspot.com" I graded it on each of the grading points on a scale of 1 to 10. Overall it is good blog with few changes that I hope the authors will do it can be a good model.

Organization/Consistency: 10
I found the posts of the blog “1010 insight.blogspot.com”, well organized with the list of contents/posts on the right side of the page that lets you navigate directly to a specific post of your choice. Moreover I liked that the three authors were written down on one of the corners of the page.
Personal connection: 9
Since the topics discussed in the blog were same as my own posts or my group members’, they were good reference to revise and contrast. This helped me connect more with the topics.
Hook/Voice: 8
Both the posts on the blog and the comments they received created interesting characters that I think might help me keep reading this blog.
Visually pleasing: 9
I liked the transparent background on the antique living room picture with variety font types. There were also enough visuals on most posts.
Multimedia: There is no video or audio posted on the blog so I don’t think this is applicable.
Popularity: 10
There is at-least one comment on almost every post. Considering the short period of time since the beginning of the semester and the size of the audience, this blog has really received good amount of popularity.
Timeline/Frequency: 8
I don’t think posts were coming as frequent as some other blogs I’ve seen in the class, but it wasn’t that bad either.
Length fits purpose: 8
I felt that some topics were unnecessarily stretched long while others were cut short; nonetheless they all conveyed their message.


Reference: http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2012/09/blogspot-top-100-ranking-sites.html







 

No comments: