Friday, October 5, 2012

Peer Review of Denver English Bloggers.Blogspot.com

I quite like the look of their blog. It's simple and does not distract you while you are reading. I like that their Archive is organized in a way that shows you what they did that month and gives you the option of looking at past months. I also like that they have video as well as pictures. I would say that they should maybe try to have more variation in their post's lengths as well as more intriguing titles for their posts because everyone commenting on the same things, so if we all have titles that just state what it is we're going to get bored. Also maybe give your archive a little color just so that it stands out a little more. Spice it up a bit! But your pictures are accurate and colorful and you have great ideas and good points, so over all I like your blog.

Blog Quality Criteria
Organized/Consistent: 8
Well organized and consistently so.
Personal Connection: 10
Doesn't reach out to me, but that's hard to do. However, the poster of each post feels what they are talking about making it personal for them.
Hook/Voice: 9
 These writers appear to be very smart and know what they are talking about, but it reads very formal. I guess that could just be me, but maybe look over your posts and see how you feel about it. It's your blog, so it should sound like you.
Visually pleasing: 9
Like I said before it does not encourage the eyes to wonder which is good, but I still think it could use at least a tiny bit of color and some more interesting titles.
Multimedia: 10
There are multiple kinds of media(haha! I'm not funny). Their pictures are nice and colorful so they stand out against the black and weren't they the first ones to add a video? Good thinking.
Popularity: 7
At this point I don't think anyone is very popular, but the comments that they have seem to be positive and not totally meaningless or just fluff. You go, Glen Coco.
Timeliness/Frequency: 7

Posts are all over as far as date goes, but we don't really have the material to be doing daily posts.
Length Fits Purpose: 9
Your responses are rather lengthy, but that's probably what you felt was necessary for the point you were making. I thought maybe those could be a tad shorter and the fallacy research could be a little longer. You're the writers though, so it's up to you.