Friday, October 5, 2012

Peer Blog Review Tinyline16.posterous.com

Over the week my blog group assigned me to review a blog from other students within my class known as TinyLine16. I didn’t expect this blog to be overly entertaining based on the topics our Eng 1010 class writes about. My job was to rate the blog based on the criteria that our class came up with. Compared to other blogs, TinyLine16 might be limited, but it does achieve its purpose within our class.
            The first impression of a blog comes from the main page. This can be critical in grabbing a viewer’s attention to stay on the blog and read its posts. In this case, TinyLine16 lacks some visuals but is very well thought out. When just looking at the blog, my willingness to read was diminished by a white background with hardly any visuals to look at. Despite this, the frequency and organization of the post was great. They gave me a clear understanding of what was going on and made me want to read.
            When the viewer reads the post, they should be able to understand the post with clarity. Depending on the main idea of the blog, the posts could refer to any purpose. In this case, TinyLine16’s posts are used to discuss in class topics that help our class understand how to write different types of essays. Based on this, their voice is great. The posts have a nice flow, good writing, and nice ideas. Their posts are not too long and not too short. This perfect length left me wanting to leave insight on what they wrote about.
            Blogs are supposed to relate to the viewer and allow them to participate. This can spark popularity and entertainment. While viewing and reading the blog, I came to the conclusion that TinyLine16 has a good personal connection with me. I’m in the same class and participate with the same activities, so how can the blog not relate to me? At the end of each posts, I had the option to leave a comment, which I did a couple weeks ago. Overall popularity does lack within the blog, but ENG 1010 popularity doesn’t.
            TinyLine16 is a good blog within our ENG 1010 class. Who cares about those other socially popular blogs? My first impression was negative based on the looks of the page. But besides that, everything else was great.  

Organized/Consistent-10
Personal Connection- 7
Hook/Voice- 8
Visual Pleasing- 2
Multimedia- 8
Popularity- 4
Timliness/Frequency-10
Length Fits Purpose- 10
Overall- 7.5

No comments: